Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 17, Saint Patrick's Day

Irish Beer

Most of the time I claim to be a Norwegian but once a year I change my allegiance to Ireland.

Maybe that’s because my middle name is Dennis, my mom’s side of the family had a lot of Irish in their blood, and…I was born on St Patrick’s Day.

Bangkok being Bangkok, you can find whatever you are looking for here. I went looking for an Irish pub to celebrate my birthday, and I found one; The Dubliner on soi 22.

Donncha, my Irish boss from work, his wife Maria, Judy, and a few others of us met at The Dubliner on March 17 to watch Ireland play rugby, to drink beer, and generally raise hell.

It was a successful night.

The exceptionally good Irish beer was fresh, Ireland won 51 to 24, the crowd was rowdy, and the smoky three story bar was rockin’.

I guess even a Norwegian Sea Dog needs a pint or two once in a while.

Fred & Judy, Bangkok

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#