Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Day New York Broke In Two

wingssail image-fredrick roswold
Dial up in heavy weather

In 1999 we were in New Zealand working. I had an office job and Judy was doing child care for a local family. But the America's Cup yacht race was coming to New Zealand in 2000 and in October of 1999 I quit my computer job and got accredited as a photographer by Louis Viutton, the organizer of the challenger selection event which preceeded the America's Cup. Nearly every day for six months I went out onto Hauraki Gulf on a photo boat to photograph the races. I took over 11,000 photographs. I wrote stories and sold my work to US sailing magazines. Back then I was using film and I still have all those negatives.

It was a job but it was never just a job. Yes, the income I made on this assignment covered my costs and paid for the Nikon camera and lenses, but I didn't make much money. Yet, I was happy. It was great fun.

Click here to read a story about one of those days on the water.

Or click here to go directly to wingssail images to see a few of the photos

Fred

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#